One of most important oral health care treatments you can give yourself is a flossing routine. Every day you should be flossing between your teeth. It is essential that you floss between your teeth because brushing alone cannot hope to reach these areas. Only with the use of an interdental cleaner such as dental floss can you adequately make sure that your smile is well protected. For further tips on how to floss properly, consider the list below:
– Dental floss is an interdental cleaning tool designed to clean between teeth in areas that brushes cannot reach.
– Effective dental floss includes threaded products that are shred-resistant.
– Safe and effective forms of dental floss products are ones that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance or have been recommended or approved by your dentist.
– Using dental floss correctly includes always making sure to replace the strand after use.
– Never use the same section of a strand more than once, as it can lead to further recontamination.
– In lieu of shredded flossers, try using water flossing treatments as easier to operate tools.
To talk about your interdental care options with Dr. Jurgina Elezi and the rest of our team at Coddington Dental, you can make an appointment at our dentist office in Quincy, Massachusetts. Our number is 617-729-4091.