At Coddington Dental, you can crown your smile with glory. Dental crowns may be used to:
- strengthen teeth with large fillings when there isn’t enough of the tooth remaining to hold the filling.
- attach bridges, wherein there is one missing tooth and one or more weak teeth next to it.
- protect weak teeth from breaking or restore those already broken.
- cover teeth that are discolored or badly shaped.
- cover dental implants.
- cover teeth treated with root canals
Crowns are generally best suited for those whose teeth have weakened over time. If your teeth are still strong but have discoloration or cracks, veneers would probably be a more fitting choice. Dr. Jurgina Elezi can help you determine the right choice for your teeth.
What are crowns made from? The material can be metal, porcelain fused to metal, resin or ceramic. Here at Coddington Dental we offer crowns made from high-quality porcelain, matching the color to your natural tooth for aesthetic results.
Dental crowns usually last between 5 and 15 years. If you want your dental crowns to last closer to 15 years than 5, make sure to follow good oral hygiene practices and avoid habits like grinding or clenching your teeth, biting your fingernails, using your teeth to open packages or chewing ice and exceptionally hard foods.
Call us at 617-729-4091 to schedule an appointment. Soon you’ll be on your way to a healthier, happier smile.